In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I've had most of my fish on sweetcorn or home-made boilies over groundbait and particles.
- Choose a likely clear area of bottom and bait heavily with groundbait and sweetcorn or chopped worms.
- In addition to worms and groundbait you will need some casters and red maggots when you are there.
- The main area of groundbait on the bottom, with my hookbait, was being ignored.
- So to sum up the subject of bait and groundbait, I have to say that you really cannot take too much bait.
- He had already prepared breakfast and I could see that he had also prepared mashed bread groundbait and wet bread cubes.
- The hook is pushed into the groundbait leaving the hookbait of two mini-boilies standing proud.
- I arrived three hours before dark and immediately fed in eight balls of groundbait before setting up my tackle.
- I always mix my groundbait at the waterside and always with lake water.
- In shallower or less fast flowing water I seldom need to add a stone and just place balls of groundbait in the swim.
- In fact the tonnage of maggots, casters and groundbait introduced must have been incredible.
- For the modest price of a day ticket there is excellent sport available, with possible 20 lb bags of roach and dace falling to stick or pole with maggot over small helpings of groundbait.
- It is unlikely that such a small amount of groundbait will attract many fish in a large moderately stocked water.
- Offering maggot over pellet and groundbait at 13 metres he had small carp to 3lb.
- The local rat population from the nearby landfill site have been lapping up the bonanza of discarded and unused sweetcorn, groundbait and pellets.
- No groundbait is required because the fish you are after are already there - no need to attract them.
- It fell to hair-rigged halibut pellet fished in conjunction with a cage feeder packed with pellets and halibut pellet groundbait.
- At a signal, they all reached down into the buckets and pulled out ready-prepared balls of groundbait.
- This is usually a mixture of groundbait, broken boilies and seeds and beans.
- However, please remember not to use groundbait.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.