In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estado de reposo masculine
- When an atom or ion is in its ground state, the electrons spend a lot more time close to the nucleus than they do when the atom is in an excited state.
- The ground state of a hydrogen atom is actually spherically symmetrical.
- When that electron returns to its ground state, it releases energy as ultraviolet light, which is invisible.
- If they can be, usually it is because of radiation in the form of gamma rays, emitted by deformed nuclei as they revert to their normal shapes and lowest energy ground states.
- Nuclear isomers are excited states that eventually decay to the ground state, mostly by gamma radiation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.