In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maní masculinecacahuete masculine Spaincacahuate masculine Mexico
- These include crustaceans, eggs, fish, groundnuts, milk, mollusks, soybeans, tree nuts and wheat.
- Mix the groundnut and olive oils together in a small jug and gradually whisk into the egg yolk base, a few drops at a time.
- Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.
- He said addition of value could be made by processing crops such soyabeans into Soya minces and flour, groundnuts into cooking oil or peanut butter and sunflower into cooking oil among other crops.
- Foods introduced since European contact include tapioca, groundnuts, and a wide array of vegetables and fruits, plus cattle for beef, and deer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.