In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine agua subterráneafeminine agua del subsuelo
- So it is clear what groundwater and surface water are understood to mean, and who the targets of the bylaw are.
- In the absence of a proper clean-up of the site, chemicals are still leaking into the soil and groundwater.
- The main problem with the spills and overflows is the risk of fuel getting down into the soil and groundwater.
- Here on the edge of the sea, as fresh groundwater is depleted, sea-water is beginning to push in.
- It determined that areas with groundwater within two metres of the surface are at high risk of dryland salinity.
- Therefore, what happens to groundwater at one spot can easily affect the aquifer at another.
- The shallower the depth to groundwater, the less soil there is to act as a filter.
- The fluid has boiled, but is largely undiluted by groundwater.
- The groundwater is becoming saline as the water table sinks because of overuse, and sea water presses in.
- Another problem with landfill is fluid polluting groundwater and getting into the water supply.
- Wetlands are the storehouses of groundwater and play a key role in maintaining the water table.
- Have the effects on our groundwater and drinking water systems been considered?
- Salinity also is a problem in areas with saline groundwater, such as is found in Egypt and Israel.
- Water consumption was so heavy as to cause the infiltration of sea water into the groundwater.
- It is environmentally sound, as it does not contaminate groundwater or use up scarce water resources.
- They can contaminate underlying soils and groundwater or contaminate storm water which travels to bodies of surface water.
- They believe that the company's heavy use of groundwater is causing water shortages.
- But while the soil was moist the plants would not be drawing groundwater.
- She says it plans to enter into a voluntary remediation of the site's soil and groundwater.
- This will help keep contaminated surface water from entering the well and groundwater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.