In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fan que sigue a un cantante o grupo a todos sus conciertos etc) grupi masculine slang
- Once you become famous, they become groupies, and groupies want to have sex with you because you're famous.
- Looking sexier than ever, he still has to fend off amorous groupies despite his high-profile marriage.
- Trust me, that's what some of the most passionate collectors are, art groupies.
- If you are a plane-spotter or air force groupie, you will love staying a mere five minutes from RAF Kinloss, where you can see the planes taking off.
- And much to my horror he and the guys have a ton of young groupies so it's not like they're these tragic old dudes trying to recapture their youth.
- I didn't even see this guy's band, so does that still make me a groupie?
- He coyly admits he gets followed around the country by the inevitable groupies, many of the fairer sex.
- Athletes walk through hotel lobbies and are followed into elevators by groupies.
- I, on the other hand, was one of the groupies, only there to gawk at his beauty, and stutter like mad when it came to talking to him.
- The two groupies each latched onto one of John's arms and pulled him away.
- I wonder if Dave will leave his gaming groupies long enough to go to the celebration with me.
- And the wives know this, the wives know that there is a kind of female competition, the wives versus many other women, groupies included.
- In a bid to prove his liberal credentials to us and to himself, he winds up almost dating a male hairdresser, until an unfortunate incident with a female groupie damages his romantic abilities as far as either sex is concerned.
- Shoals of yellowtails congregate like frenzied groupies around them, hoping to grab a free lunch.
- Matadors are revered as rock stars, mobbed at every turn, followed around by groupies and comfortable showing off their homes in the glossy pages of Hola!
- With reports of shattered guitars, groupie mayhem and determined substance abuse, this new offering comes as something of a surprise.
- He was a male groupie who managed to score all the female groupies.
- During Super Bowl week, celebrity chasers and groupies flock to the site city and are a huge temptation on the club scene.
- Otherwise I have perhaps been treated more like a groupie than a serious rock writer.
- This is a guy who almost certainly has hordes of groupies attending his every whim, but here he is getting all moralistic.
- That's where groupies and the sexual charge from performance come in handy.
- One book groupie felt it was using the New Testament as its main point of reference - I thought it was incredibly sad and a scary vision of how society could become.
- Right then, he looked more like a dashing rocker who partied at strip clubs and slept with groupies than a young man obsessed with revenge.
- Actually, the one funny thing was that we had groupies, and we'd never had groupies so we didn't understand.
- And yet they get to travel the country drinking and shagging groupies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.