In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pensamiento grupal masculinepensamiento de grupo masculine
- For example, there is evidence of groupthink operating within many cabinets of any political persuasion where government ministers, arguably, are selected according to a propensity to accept, rather than challenge, policy.
- More than ever, US journalists must avoid the temptation to engage in groupthink and - without seeming reflexively adversarial - must ask sharp questions.
- This involves getting the feel of the session's groupthink, but for my group, at least, the bluffing element is probably secondary to the evaluation of the approximate worth of the characters.
- A more in-depth understanding can also serve as a buffer against the perils of groupthink.
- What did these authors really feel about the inane book club questions in the back of their books, given that these lead to repetitive tropes and homogenized groupthink among people discussing the book?
- Like many trends, this one is driven in part by Hollywood's marketing groupthink.
- For one, she will be astonished by not only the pervasive groupthink but how little awareness there is of the narrowness of thought present.
- We've chosen previously to have diversity, thinking that that would eliminate groupthink.
- The allergy to negative feedback sets up the dreaded condition known as groupthink: Debate is not tolerated; bad decisions go unquestioned; and when it all falls apart, no one can figure out why.
- Or better yet, retire the pledge as an exercise in groupthink unbefitting a free people.
- Accept that most people do not go in for groupthink.
- We need to move away from this ethnic groupthink.
- In short, the group lacked diversity and as a result demonstrated a colossal example of the failings of groupthink.
- I think the key to avoiding unhealthy levels of groupthink has to do with designing spaces that consistently exert pull upon outsiders (or social hackers or community straddlers), so as to keep the air fresh.
- The Big Media organizations have their faults - chiefly laziness, political groupthink, and a tendency to condescend to their audiences - and those are starting to cost them.
- The number one rule in groups is to conform to groupthink.
- Can anything be done to prevent or counteract the kind of groupthink or group corruption described earlier?
- But I don't think that sort of groupthink is what's in action here.
- I would expect to find a high level of groupthink in any government.
- You get a formidable explosion - an A-bomb of groupthink.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.