In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in tiling, mosaics)lechada feminine
- Using a notched trowel and working in small sections, spread 1/4 inch of grout or tile adhesive on the table surface.
- Replace cracked or broken tiles or missing grout in the shower and bath areas.
- Pristine new white grout replaced the dingy old grout, and the tile was cleaned, buffed, and sealed to show its lively colors to best effect.
- To clean tile grout, an old toothbrush works well.
- Let tile set overnight before applying grout.
- Wall or floor grout is mixed and applied as per instructions on the product container.
- Seal the finishing material well with tile grout, and caulk all the joints to prevent water damage.
- It is a clear solution so it does not change the color of the tile or bricks and grout, but it will give a gloss to the surface.
- Cover the tiles with grout using a rubber-bottom float or a sponge and wipe on a diagonal.
- Tiles, grout, thinset, cement board, tools and complete installation instructions are available at most home centers and other retailers of tile supplies.
- What can I use that will do the job, yet not harm surrounding plants or damage the tile and grout on the porch?
- After the patio has set up, you can use mortar as grout between the stones, sponging off excess before it sets up to keep things neater.
- Wall and floor tile grout must be sealed to prevent damage from moisture and graffiti.
- Make sure that there is no missing grout between the tiles.
- If tiles are cracked or grout is missing, fix it to prevent water from pervading.
- Another application of mortar or grout creates a level surface.
- You are correct to be concerned about the grout between the tiles, as grout is a porous material that is not easily cleaned and could harbor bacteria.
- Tile grout is neither waterproof nor stainproof, so it usually must be sealed.
- Mix into a smooth paste and scrub into grout with a sponge or toothbrush.
- Creamy liquid appliance wax can be used, if wished, for further protection of tile and grout.
2(plaster)cemento blanco masculine
1(tiles) enlechar(cracks) rellenar(surface) enfoscar(surface) enlucir
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.