In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bolsa de cultivo feminine
- He leads us uphill and downhill, past rows of tiny fig trees in growbags, ready to be taken to a local forest.
- She needed some growbags to pot up some plants and a crab apple tree she had bought mid-week, so it was back down the garden centre yet again.
- If you have a greenhouse, it is time to clean out any dead plants, leaves or empty growbags and other garbage.
- I have put some growbags on the roof terrace and got Joe to plant some seeds.
- Water as often as possible, particularly if they are being grown in a growbag or container.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.