In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pez gruñón masculine
- A similar set of tradeoffs may explain why surf smelt, which spawn in fine gravel, can spawn successfully lower in the intertidal zone than grunion, spawning in sand.
- This could also affect fish like the grunion, which spawn according to tidal changes.
- Along with the grunion, these are the only marine fish known to fully emerge from water solely for the purpose of spawning.
- Barracuda eat squid and small fish such as sardines, anchovies, young mackerels and grunions.
- She is here competing with other piscivorous (fish-eating) birds in search of anchovy, shiner perch and grunion to eat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.