In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1garante masculinefiador masculinefiadora femininegarantía feminine River Plateto stand guarantor for sb — avalar a algn
- There was initially a view put by the respondents who were guarantors of the tenant's obligations that indeed a new lease came into existence as a result of those negotiations.
- I should also say the position was that all the beneficiaries were also guarantors.
- In Ohio a guarantor is a surety and has the statutory and common law rights and obligations discussed above under Accommodation Party.
- The third party claim amounts to the guarantors asserting a claim and that is not permissible.
- The second defendants are sued as guarantors of the cargo's proportion of general average, but the proceedings have not been served on them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.