1(guards' quarters)cuartel masculine
- On 7 September, resisting confinement in the post guardhouse, he received a fatal wound from a soldier's bayonet.
- ‘The glove from the guardhouse is hers,’ I said.
- Breathless, he burst into the darkened interior of the guardhouse, and in his excitement, he was oblivious to the fact he had caught the captain fast asleep on his bunk.
- Two blasts struck the guardhouse, killing two of the three men inside.
- High city walls, while serving their primary purpose, were topped by guardhouses at regular intervals, soldiers and wardens patrolling its boundaries.
- In barracks sentries are usually furnished by the unit's guard, a detachment of soldiers on duty for a 24-hour period, who live in the guardroom or guardhouse.
- The guard details were marched to the guardhouse where the Guard Mount ceremony took place.
- Soldiers were running in hordes to get out of the place, but Wolfe must have had accomplices - the walls were wreathed in sheets of flame taller than the guardhouses.
- Still, there were over a dozen of them barracked in the new guardhouse at the gate to the estate.
- Displayed on a wall of the small guardhouse was a saying of Bertolt Brecht.
- All of the guardhouses are locked or otherwise bar his entry.
- Inside a guardhouse in the compound, soldiers found more prisoners bound and blindfolded and showing evidence of abuse.
- A short distance away there were several barracks and guardhouses to either side.
- His lie is uncovered by Barton, who happens to be a real Army captain, and he is jailed in the base guardhouse, where he tap-dances his time away.
- We came upon the ruins of what appeared to be old abandoned barracks and guardhouses, that no doubt had been sacked many a long age ago.
- It was rumored that prisoners in the guardhouse worked only eight hours per day, five days a week.
- This also applies to the abolition of guardhouses, already in our time.
- They also were puzzled by the presence in the enclosed courtyard of a new glass-walled room that seemed to be a guardhouse.
- A few days later Papa, my sisters, Alexei, and I went down to the guardhouse, as some of our friends were on duty.
- So, the secret places - the quiet guardhouses we protect from view with vigilance and attitude, I will never see.
2(prison)cárcel militar feminine