1(for guards)cuarto de guardia masculine
- In barracks sentries are usually furnished by the unit's guard, a detachment of soldiers on duty for a 24-hour period, who live in the guardroom or guardhouse.
- In one of the guardrooms at the base a poster showing the World Trade Center asks ‘Are you in a New York state of mind?’
- A man accompanies him into a guardroom, where an officer is presiding over some registers.
- You'd better take that to the guardroom, then.
- Even the low two-storey army buildings seemed to smile a delayed welcome, as a gate was unbarred and I went through an elaborate signing-in ceremony in the guardroom.
- Music started blaring from a loudspeaker outside the guardroom - very loud.
- As she suspected, the guards were posted outdoors, outside the door of the guardroom.
- The sight that awaited him in the torchlight of the guardroom to their level was not entirely unexpected.
- Their sovereignty, of course, won't much extend beyond the guardroom at the end of the corridor.
- Having explained this they went back into their guardroom and trusted me to go back out the gates.
- One young sentry who felt that the ghost was near him panicked and ran to the guardroom for protection.
- After seeing Joe left, Mel came out from the guardroom.
- If he'd mentioned anybody else's name down there in the guardroom, do you think they would have put him up for the death vote?
- Passages at the back and sides would lead to other areas, such as the kitchens, guardroom, or servants' quarters.
- The gun, until last year, had sat for over 34 years in front of the guardroom with little or no maintenance.
- They laid down their arms, explained their position to their non-commissioned officer, and presented themselves at the guardroom to be taken into custody.
- ‘The nearest place was the RAF base, so I went over to the main gate and asked the people at the guardroom to help me,’ she said.
- He went apoplectic and I suddenly found myself marched off to the guardroom almost at running pace.
- The northern tower, originally a guardroom, is still visible.
- The entrance was right in front of him and the guardroom was empty.
2(for prisoners)calabozo masculine