In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)guayaba feminine Andespacay masculinebefore noun guava jelly — jalea de guayaba feminine
- The ride, over rolling jungle paths, was excellent - I broke a sweat but still had time to stop and pick wild avocados, bananas, and guavas.
- Tomatoes hold the highest natural concentration of lycopene, but the pigment can also be found in watermelon, pink grapefruit, red guava, papaya and apricots, as well as in the skins of red grapes.
- There were mangoes, pawpaw, banana, coconut, guava, lemons, orange and avocado.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas, pawpaws and others will be grown.
- One recently published study suggests that lycopene, which gives tomatoes, guava, watermelon and pink grapefruit their red color, may have immune-enhancing properties.
- Major crops include millet, groundnuts, sesame seed, corn, wheat, and fruits (dates, mangoes, guavas, bananas, and citrus).
- Besides pineapples, Hawaii's fruit industry produces papayas, bananas, guavas, avocados, and other specialty fruit, including mangoes, lychees, rambutans, and starfruits.
- The 13 kinds of fruit are sugar apples, pineapples, papayas, star fruits, mangoes, guavas, bell fruits, grapefruits, coconuts, loquats, plums, peaches and persimmons.
- Milk, cheese, eggs, green leafy vegetables, carrot, radish, turnip and fruits like apple and guava contain these.
- Lycopene, meanwhile, a particularly potent antioxidant, is found in tomatoes, watermelon, guava, papaya, pink grapefruit, apricots and blood oranges.
- Other good sources include tomatoes, red and pink grapefruit, and guava.
- So this might be banana and strawberry, or banana and a tropical fruit like mango or guava.
- This search for perfection becomes the motivating factor in the account of a lady wandering through fruit markets looking for her favourite fruit, the red guava.
- Each fruit blooms in its own season - cherries, pineapples, guavas, mangoes, sugar apples - filling the air with magical sweet scents of flowering plants getting ready to bring forth their bounty.
- The fruits used were kumquat, orange, lemon, and guava; all fruits were uninfested and thoroughly washed and dried before an experiment.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
- There are different varieties of jamba fruits and guavas.
- In addition to tomatoes and tomato-based products, lycopene is also found in watermelon, papaya, pink grapefruit, and pink guava.
- Minced fruits such as banana, guava, papaya and apple are also given to the bird, says the Park Superintendent and the Range Officer, S. Ramadoss.
- Fresh figs, pineapples, papayas, guavas, passion fruit, and mangoes contain an enzyme called protease, which breaks clown the protein in gelatin and prevents the liquid from setting.
2also guava treeguayabo masculine Andespacay masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.