In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)guayaba feminine Andespacay masculine Andesbefore noun guava jelly — ate de guayaba masculine Mexico
- The fruits used were kumquat, orange, lemon, and guava; all fruits were uninfested and thoroughly washed and dried before an experiment.
- One recently published study suggests that lycopene, which gives tomatoes, guava, watermelon and pink grapefruit their red color, may have immune-enhancing properties.
- In addition to tomatoes and tomato-based products, lycopene is also found in watermelon, papaya, pink grapefruit, and pink guava.
- So this might be banana and strawberry, or banana and a tropical fruit like mango or guava.
- There were mangoes, pawpaw, banana, coconut, guava, lemons, orange and avocado.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas, pawpaws and others will be grown.
- Milk, cheese, eggs, green leafy vegetables, carrot, radish, turnip and fruits like apple and guava contain these.
- The 13 kinds of fruit are sugar apples, pineapples, papayas, star fruits, mangoes, guavas, bell fruits, grapefruits, coconuts, loquats, plums, peaches and persimmons.
- Besides pineapples, Hawaii's fruit industry produces papayas, bananas, guavas, avocados, and other specialty fruit, including mangoes, lychees, rambutans, and starfruits.
- Major crops include millet, groundnuts, sesame seed, corn, wheat, and fruits (dates, mangoes, guavas, bananas, and citrus).
- Other good sources include tomatoes, red and pink grapefruit, and guava.
- Tomatoes hold the highest natural concentration of lycopene, but the pigment can also be found in watermelon, pink grapefruit, red guava, papaya and apricots, as well as in the skins of red grapes.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
- There are different varieties of jamba fruits and guavas.
- Fresh figs, pineapples, papayas, guavas, passion fruit, and mangoes contain an enzyme called protease, which breaks clown the protein in gelatin and prevents the liquid from setting.
- Lycopene, meanwhile, a particularly potent antioxidant, is found in tomatoes, watermelon, guava, papaya, pink grapefruit, apricots and blood oranges.
- Each fruit blooms in its own season - cherries, pineapples, guavas, mangoes, sugar apples - filling the air with magical sweet scents of flowering plants getting ready to bring forth their bounty.
- Minced fruits such as banana, guava, papaya and apple are also given to the bird, says the Park Superintendent and the Range Officer, S. Ramadoss.
- This search for perfection becomes the motivating factor in the account of a lady wandering through fruit markets looking for her favourite fruit, the red guava.
- The ride, over rolling jungle paths, was excellent - I broke a sweat but still had time to stop and pick wild avocados, bananas, and guavas.
2also guava treeguayabo masculine Andespacay masculine Andes
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.