In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conjeturas feminineall this is pure guesswork — estas no son más que conjeturas / suposiciones
- As a result, he said, intelligence was mainly ‘inferential’ - that means guesswork.
- All too often in this book, the author is forced to fall back on her own suppositions and general guesswork.
- But how many of them are left in the rest of Africa is guesswork, and as a result, their decline may be easily overlooked.
- They are entirely guesswork, speculative and based on unsound mathematics designed to promote the private healthcare system.
- The cards were completed laboriously and with a fair amount of guesswork.
- We know she has a sense of humour, we know she likes animals, but other than that, regardless of how much research you do, it's really all guesswork.
- There's a huge amount of educated guesswork involved in these chronologies.
- Well, that was just guesswork, so I decided to make myself really depressed and run a spreadsheet on it.
- So there's a certain amount of guesswork or predicting that goes into it.
- We don't, but we cannot go to war on guesswork, hypothesis and speculation.
- However, I'll add a disclaimer to say that everything here is just conjecture and guesswork, if you know otherwise then let me know.
- In the meantime, a certain amount of guesswork appears inevitable.
- While there is a fair bit of guesswork and assumption involved, parties reckon they can narrow down who voted for them and who didn't.
- It may be that a certain amount of guesswork was involved.
- But this is only guesswork and it is hoped that an expert from one of the universities might be enlisted to help solve the problem.
- In practice this is largely going to be a matter of guesswork though so you can't really plan too deeply.
- Plus, all drawings are full-size, so there is no guesswork involved.
- We can effectively only work with reported numbers, as the total number of cases is guesswork.
- If we heeded all the hype, accidents would be eliminated, yet this involves too much speculation and guesswork.
- Details of the deal were not disclosed by the principals or anyone else connected with it - a reason why there was so much guesswork in the press last week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.