In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conjeturasall this is pure guesswork — estas no son más que conjeturas / suposiciones
- If we heeded all the hype, accidents would be eliminated, yet this involves too much speculation and guesswork.
- However, I'll add a disclaimer to say that everything here is just conjecture and guesswork, if you know otherwise then let me know.
- Details of the deal were not disclosed by the principals or anyone else connected with it - a reason why there was so much guesswork in the press last week.
- But this is only guesswork and it is hoped that an expert from one of the universities might be enlisted to help solve the problem.
- They are entirely guesswork, speculative and based on unsound mathematics designed to promote the private healthcare system.
- The cards were completed laboriously and with a fair amount of guesswork.
- But how many of them are left in the rest of Africa is guesswork, and as a result, their decline may be easily overlooked.
- As a result, he said, intelligence was mainly ‘inferential’ - that means guesswork.
- We know she has a sense of humour, we know she likes animals, but other than that, regardless of how much research you do, it's really all guesswork.
- All too often in this book, the author is forced to fall back on her own suppositions and general guesswork.
- So there's a certain amount of guesswork or predicting that goes into it.
- While there is a fair bit of guesswork and assumption involved, parties reckon they can narrow down who voted for them and who didn't.
- In the meantime, a certain amount of guesswork appears inevitable.
- There's a huge amount of educated guesswork involved in these chronologies.
- We don't, but we cannot go to war on guesswork, hypothesis and speculation.
- It may be that a certain amount of guesswork was involved.
- Plus, all drawings are full-size, so there is no guesswork involved.
- We can effectively only work with reported numbers, as the total number of cases is guesswork.
- Well, that was just guesswork, so I decided to make myself really depressed and run a spreadsheet on it.
- In practice this is largely going to be a matter of guesswork though so you can't really plan too deeply.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.