In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1orientación femininevocational/spiritual guidance — orientación profesional/espiritual
- the child lacked parental guidance — el niño carecía de orientación por parte de los padres
- he needs guidance — necesita que lo orienten / lo aconsejen
- she sought guidance from the parish priest — le pidió consejo al párroco
- before noun guidance counselor — orientador vocacional
- If you want to receive a little bit of guidance, I suggest you look to the individual lists.
- That guidance is in a different format from the earlier guidance to which I have referred.
- Her work was supervised by a tutor, whom she visited regularly for advice and guidance.
- The Authority has issued guidance, which is under review, on the making of applications.
- It is difficult to find clear guidance on how much time doctors should spend talking to relatives.
- A man or a woman of little intelligence in a backward country needs spiritual guidance.
- The fact that we have to contend with is that both sides could appeal to the Bible for enlightenment and guidance.
- This person is someone whom you should be able to look to for advice and guidance.
- She gives advice, guidance, help, and motivation to her students at City College.
- Offering advice and guidance via the quarterly newsletter would be a good start.
- Central government circulars also contain advice and guidance to local authorities.
- Evelyn was always glad to lend advice and encouragement to all who sought her guidance.
- It should go some of the way to help fill the void in providing useful and high quality careers advice and guidance.
- The teachers at the school have also been very helpful in giving us advice and guidance.
- The result is that there is no remotely authoritative guidance on how we should live within society.
- Rater training was absent, and guidance consisted of short written instructions.
- Businesses in each area can go to their home authority for preventive guidance and advice.
- We want step-by-step guidance on this recommendation if we are to explore it further.
- The role of males is changing and we find men are often looking for a sense of purpose and some guidance.
- It is not an attempt to find fault but to help through mentoring and providing guidance and advice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.