In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1orientación femininevocational/spiritual guidance — orientación profesional/espiritual
- the child lacked parental guidance — el niño carecía de orientación por parte de los padres
- he needs guidance — necesita que lo orienten / lo aconsejen
- she sought guidance from the parish priest — le pidió consejo al párroco
- before noun guidance counselor — orientador vocacional
- A man or a woman of little intelligence in a backward country needs spiritual guidance.
- She gives advice, guidance, help, and motivation to her students at City College.
- Evelyn was always glad to lend advice and encouragement to all who sought her guidance.
- It is not an attempt to find fault but to help through mentoring and providing guidance and advice.
- Rater training was absent, and guidance consisted of short written instructions.
- It should go some of the way to help fill the void in providing useful and high quality careers advice and guidance.
- This person is someone whom you should be able to look to for advice and guidance.
- We want step-by-step guidance on this recommendation if we are to explore it further.
- Offering advice and guidance via the quarterly newsletter would be a good start.
- The result is that there is no remotely authoritative guidance on how we should live within society.
- The teachers at the school have also been very helpful in giving us advice and guidance.
- Businesses in each area can go to their home authority for preventive guidance and advice.
- Her work was supervised by a tutor, whom she visited regularly for advice and guidance.
- The fact that we have to contend with is that both sides could appeal to the Bible for enlightenment and guidance.
- That guidance is in a different format from the earlier guidance to which I have referred.
- It is difficult to find clear guidance on how much time doctors should spend talking to relatives.
- The role of males is changing and we find men are often looking for a sense of purpose and some guidance.
- If you want to receive a little bit of guidance, I suggest you look to the individual lists.
- The Authority has issued guidance, which is under review, on the making of applications.
- Central government circulars also contain advice and guidance to local authorities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.