In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(blame)culpa feminineLaw culpabilidad feminine
- A lot of ground, after all, has been gained and yesterday's judgment offers no comment on his guilt or innocence.
- For certain crimes where guilt is not in question, and the circumstances were horrific then people should be executed.
- The prisons' management has presumed guilt over innocence and allowed torture and abuse on a grand scale.
- You remember rather here it seeks to have you infer guilt from such facts as it is able to prove to your satisfaction.
- They believe in a culture of blame which moves from the presumption of guilt rather than innocence.
- The good news is that camp directors are not responsible to decide innocence or guilt.
- The orders concerned were divorced from any finding of guilt for an offence.
- His trial is not expected to begin until next year, when a jury will decide his guilt or innocence.
- It is only by having prescribed limits and a proper testing regime that we can be sure of proving guilt or innocence.
- Reports advise that you acknowledge guilt for the offence, but did not intend to kill your victim.
- After all, it refers to a standard of proof that assumes innocence until guilt is proven.
- They may, even unwittingly, favor their colleagues in determining guilt or innocence.
- There has been no determination of wrongful conduct, guilt or liability in the Settlement.
- A reasonable man would not infer guilt from the fact of a police inquiry.
- It is talking about guilt in the context of a finding of guilt in a criminal justice system to which this very Act applies.
- Several deep scratches across his face revealed his guilt in the crime against her.
- DNA is unique to each person and acts as a fingerprint which in terms of crimes can prove someone's guilt or innocence.
- The suffering of illness is thus compounded by an additional burden of guilt and recrimination.
- The extradition proceedings will not look at any issues concerning a prisoner's guilt or the evidence against them.
- It has been stressed the setting up of the advice line does not imply any guilt.
2Psychologyculpa feminineguilt feelings — sentimiento de culpa / de culpabilidad masculine
- It preys on women's sense of fear and anger, and on men's feelings of guilt and shame.
- In the simplest, we have robots or androids who can think but who cannot feel joy, grief, guilt or jealousy.
- Since then, he has grown more liberated, fighting lingering feelings of guilt and fear.
- Very often he is feeling guilt or shame or remorse for something he has done.
- It not only gives someone on whom the blame can be focused on, it also gives us a way of avoiding our own feeling of anger or guilt.
- Abused women feel isolated from the family and society because of their guilt, shame and fear.
- I journeyed through countless emotions, from guilt through anger to sadness.
- Obesity shows a desire for self-protection and a defence against anxiety and feelings of guilt.
- The rest of us have an emotive connection to an act we perceive as wrong - usually guilt but occasionally anger or upset.
- Looking for a way to satisfy white post-colonial guilt and make friends at the same time?
- Along with embarrassment and guilt, shame is one of the emotions that motivate moral behaviour.
- It speaks to man's most damaging emotions, such as anger, guilt, fear, doubt and anxiety.
- What is uncivilised is the secrecy, guilt, shame and sorrow that surrounds this issue as it stands now.
- For many of us, food has become tied into cycles of guilt and pleasure, desire and revulsion.
- It reflects a depressing net of guilt, shame, despair and hopelessness.
- It is not uncommon for parents to experience guilt, frustration, anxiety, and depression.
- Leon's so emotionally numb that all he seems capable of feeling is guilt and rage.
- If the creature lives a largely solitary existence, it will not need social emotions such as guilt and jealousy.
- What I felt was guilt, shame, fear and what I suppose is their physical manifestation, nausea.
- She suffered grief, guilt and depression as a result and wants to shield her daughters from the same pain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.