In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(language)gujaratí masculinegujerati masculine
- The languages on offer include Malyalam, Gujarati, Hindi, Gurmukhi, Tamil and Bengali.
- Along with English, the following languages are spoken by branch staff: Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu and Punjabi.
- Such is the case for many speakers of a minority language, like Gujarati in Britain, or French in provinces of Canada where francophones are in a minority.
- Three Indian languages were among the top 20 languages spoken at home - Hindi, Urdu and Gujarati.
- Women speaking Tamil, Gujerati, Hindi, walking in twos and threes, single file at the edge of the road, headed toward vegetables or saris, strewn out on white cloth-covered mats in tiny shops open to the street.
- He is currently studying for a PhD in microbiology, is a qualified further education teacher and speaks English, Urdu and Gujerati.
- In addition to Bangla, Red Hat is working on localization of other Indian languages including Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi and Tamil.
- Very recently, TV Channels have moved quickly from being just Hindi or English channels to covering other languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali and Punjabi through their brands.
- The charity has staff who can speak various languages including Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati and Chinese.
- Written in a clear and concise style, the leaflet has been into nine different languages including Arabic, Bengali, Gujerati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Somali, Vietnamese and Chinese, as well as English.
- Bhili, a language similar to Gujarati, is spoken by tribal groups in northern and eastern Gujarat.
- Living up to its name, the festival brings ‘quotes’ from real voices, who speak different languages - from Gujarati to Tamil.
- He avers for the first time that his father, though speaking in Gujerati, used the English word ‘trust’ and proposed that he should draft and sign a trust document to formalise his intentions.
- I have sung in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Urdu and English.
- Shah, who serves with the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit, speaks not two or three but six languages - English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu and Pashto.
- Entries can be sent in any language - Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu and, of course, Hinglish.
- This segment of the festival had several local groups perform in four languages - English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.
- You can also swear in Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, and several other Indian languages.
- A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.
- It also has volunteers from the Asian community who speak different languages and has produced copies of its information leaflet in Punjabi, Gujarati, Chinese, Urdu, Bengali and Hindi.
- In contrast to the situation in the United States, Gujaratis in Britain are still predominantly working class or petty bourgeois.
- The Gujaratis are a friendly, appreciative lot of people, hospitable but at the same time they practised simplicity and sobriety.
- It's certainly possible - there have been small groups of Gujaratis in Tamil Nadu for centuries.
- Other Gujaratis who have taken shelter in Shorapur village complain of restlessness, getting upset easily and being irritable all the time.
- Unlike Punjabis or Gujaratis, Malayalis could never settle down in a place away from their homeland.
- In general, Gujaratis conform to northern Indian patterns of kinship, marriage practices, and family structure.
- Indian Sikhs, he said, made up the largest part of Southall's ethnic community, and East African Indian Gujaratis dominated Leicester.
- Even in the exceptional cases, the reason is vegetarianism as Jains, Brahmins and Gujaratis are very particular about this aspect.
- Some of the most populous Indian groups within the United States are Gujaratis, Bengalis, Punjabis, Marathis, and Tamils.
- In the north, Bengalis, Kashmiris, Punjabis, Gujaratis, Rajputs, and Marathas are among the prominent groups.
- Hundreds of Gujaratis streamed in to check out their roots.
- The Punjabis and the Gujaratis dominate the Indian population, with about 40 to 45 percent coming from each of these two communities.
- Despite the economic advances made by many Indians, including many Gujeratis, those of rural Gujerati origin have been, relatively speaking, left behind.
- The south Asian diaspora in the United Kingdom comprises Indians (predominantly Gujaratis and Punjabis), Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis.
- She points out that the special dietary requirements of many Indians, especially Gujaratis, also showed the need for a special packaged tour geared to the community.
- Unlike the majority of the pioneering Indian population in South Africa, most Gujaratis did not arrive in the country as indentured laborers.
- Whites and people of African, Tamil, and mixed ancestry consider themselves the original inhabitants of the island, in contrast to Gujaratis and Chinese.
- For this song the kids appeared on the stage dressed as Malayalis, Gujaratis and Punjabis.
- Even in Gujarat, the Muslim Gujaratis did not retaliate.
- The emerging crop of Indian American filmmakers includes a number of Gujaratis, who instead of going in for medicine or engineering have embraced the ephemeral world of cinema instead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.