In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(language)gujaratí masculinegujerati masculine
- Written in a clear and concise style, the leaflet has been into nine different languages including Arabic, Bengali, Gujerati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Somali, Vietnamese and Chinese, as well as English.
- Living up to its name, the festival brings ‘quotes’ from real voices, who speak different languages - from Gujarati to Tamil.
- In addition to Bangla, Red Hat is working on localization of other Indian languages including Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi and Tamil.
- He is currently studying for a PhD in microbiology, is a qualified further education teacher and speaks English, Urdu and Gujerati.
- Three Indian languages were among the top 20 languages spoken at home - Hindi, Urdu and Gujarati.
- He avers for the first time that his father, though speaking in Gujerati, used the English word ‘trust’ and proposed that he should draft and sign a trust document to formalise his intentions.
- You can also swear in Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, and several other Indian languages.
- It also has volunteers from the Asian community who speak different languages and has produced copies of its information leaflet in Punjabi, Gujarati, Chinese, Urdu, Bengali and Hindi.
- A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.
- Bhili, a language similar to Gujarati, is spoken by tribal groups in northern and eastern Gujarat.
- The charity has staff who can speak various languages including Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati and Chinese.
- This segment of the festival had several local groups perform in four languages - English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.
- Entries can be sent in any language - Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu and, of course, Hinglish.
- The languages on offer include Malyalam, Gujarati, Hindi, Gurmukhi, Tamil and Bengali.
- Women speaking Tamil, Gujerati, Hindi, walking in twos and threes, single file at the edge of the road, headed toward vegetables or saris, strewn out on white cloth-covered mats in tiny shops open to the street.
- Shah, who serves with the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit, speaks not two or three but six languages - English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu and Pashto.
- Very recently, TV Channels have moved quickly from being just Hindi or English channels to covering other languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali and Punjabi through their brands.
- Such is the case for many speakers of a minority language, like Gujarati in Britain, or French in provinces of Canada where francophones are in a minority.
- I have sung in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Urdu and English.
- Along with English, the following languages are spoken by branch staff: Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu and Punjabi.
- Whites and people of African, Tamil, and mixed ancestry consider themselves the original inhabitants of the island, in contrast to Gujaratis and Chinese.
- In the north, Bengalis, Kashmiris, Punjabis, Gujaratis, Rajputs, and Marathas are among the prominent groups.
- In contrast to the situation in the United States, Gujaratis in Britain are still predominantly working class or petty bourgeois.
- Unlike the majority of the pioneering Indian population in South Africa, most Gujaratis did not arrive in the country as indentured laborers.
- Other Gujaratis who have taken shelter in Shorapur village complain of restlessness, getting upset easily and being irritable all the time.
- Even in Gujarat, the Muslim Gujaratis did not retaliate.
- Unlike Punjabis or Gujaratis, Malayalis could never settle down in a place away from their homeland.
- It's certainly possible - there have been small groups of Gujaratis in Tamil Nadu for centuries.
- Hundreds of Gujaratis streamed in to check out their roots.
- Despite the economic advances made by many Indians, including many Gujeratis, those of rural Gujerati origin have been, relatively speaking, left behind.
- The Gujaratis are a friendly, appreciative lot of people, hospitable but at the same time they practised simplicity and sobriety.
- For this song the kids appeared on the stage dressed as Malayalis, Gujaratis and Punjabis.
- The Punjabis and the Gujaratis dominate the Indian population, with about 40 to 45 percent coming from each of these two communities.
- In general, Gujaratis conform to northern Indian patterns of kinship, marriage practices, and family structure.
- Even in the exceptional cases, the reason is vegetarianism as Jains, Brahmins and Gujaratis are very particular about this aspect.
- The emerging crop of Indian American filmmakers includes a number of Gujaratis, who instead of going in for medicine or engineering have embraced the ephemeral world of cinema instead.
- Indian Sikhs, he said, made up the largest part of Southall's ethnic community, and East African Indian Gujaratis dominated Leicester.
- She points out that the special dietary requirements of many Indians, especially Gujaratis, also showed the need for a special packaged tour geared to the community.
- Some of the most populous Indian groups within the United States are Gujaratis, Bengalis, Punjabis, Marathis, and Tamils.
- The south Asian diaspora in the United Kingdom comprises Indians (predominantly Gujaratis and Punjabis), Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.