In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1artillero masculineartillera feminine(in UK) soldado de artillería masculine
- At the age of 16 he was called up for war service as an anti-aircraft gunner and was taken prisoner.
- The gunner can operate either from within the vehicle or from a remote position up to 80 meters away.
- You should nominate your best marksmen as snipers while your all-arounders act as assault gunners or sappers.
- Every legion was of 50 men. 25 riflemen, 10 gunners, 5 snipers and 10 explosive.
- He was a gunner and wireless operator in the 18th Armoured Regiment in Sherman Tanks.
- The gunners had all opened fire at more or less the same time.
- Furthermore, each team member should be capable of assuming at least one other team member's duties, to include radio telephone operators, machine gunners, and drivers.
- Cramped in the tank for 36 hours at a time, he and a gunner, radio operator and Commander helped to hold a bridge outside the town.
- The gunners spotted his jeep from the high peaks and targeted it - just for fun.
- The 148 Btry. consists of radio operators, gunners, and a support staff.
- The team leader made his decision quickly, and ordered his three gunners to open fire.
- Either the gunner or the commander operates the turret control system.
- Only the shock of the explosions and the occasional back blast of dust when a gunner opened fire reminded us we were in the midst of the most desperate urban battle since the fall of Baghdad.
- Because of his blazing speed, Foster also will be used as a gunner on special-teams coverages.
- Laser simulators have also sharply enhanced training realism for tank gunners and infantry small arms.
- Eight basic character types are available, from the infantryman common to all game maps, NCO specialists, support troopers, machine gunners, snipers and paratroopers.
- Squads of combat-equipped troops toting assault rifles and columns of Humvees with gunners at the ready crisscross its flooded streets.
- Indeed, the wartime German school for gunners and crewmen lasted a full month, with a relatively small portion of the instruction devoted to actual live fire marksmanship.
- When the mines had detonated the machine gunners and everybody else opened fire.
- Today, September 7, is a special day for 3L gunners around the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.