- That way you get the full-on olfactory experience of breakfast (which would get you out of bed), and you also get the full-on gustatory experience when you're drinking your coffee.
- Pollan embarks on a philosophical and gustatory road-trip across the spectrum of modern eating.
- Look beyond such gustatory delights, and you'll find there's also plenty of history here.
- I'm not entirely sure why other food products like beef and sweet corn have been exempt so far, but I suspect that the reasons are mainly economic and social rather than gustatory.
- Olfactory or smell nerve cells are stimulated by the odors around us, whereas gustatory or taste cells react to food and beverages.
- Hunger could have an effect on the tongue's taste receptors, or on how the brain perceives gustatory information.
- Other work from the Jeffery lab suggests that the expanding genes are responsible for an increase in jaw size and the number of gustatory receptors.
- The cafeteria should be a masterpiece of gustatory serenity - there is no reason to expect anything less.
- And indeed, judging by the guest's drooling, lip-smacking and eye-rolling, he finds this Camembert something out of the world, beyond all his gustatory experience.
- Recently, however, two of the city's most venerable gustatory landmarks, P.J. Clarke's and the main dining room at the Carlyle Hotel, have attempted to buck this immutable trend.
- I regarded the wretched, debauched souls around me downing their chocolate chip cookies and fries as mere animals reduced to satisfying gustatory lusts.
- The gustatory sense organs in higher vertebrates are limited to the cavity of the mouth.
- Too often we are so distracted by the myriad restaurants and products available to us - and the gustatory experience they promise - that we don't notice the real Chef behind the banquet.
- However, there is still controversy as to whether combination of these four primary tastes adequately describes all gustatory experiences.
- And of course, there were the dishes prepared within a 60-minute time limit - the gustatory works of art created looked every bit as appetizing as I imagine they tasted.
- There are two primary forms of chemoreceptors: gustatory and olfactory, which are responsible for the senses of taste and smell.
- Still, is it not beneath our dignity to indulge in gustatory delights to the extent that we appear to be more concerned about stimulating our tongues and stomachs than our brains?
- Such a sense of the right taste often though not always produces a gustatory conservatism.
- Imagery should involve as many of the five senses - auditory, olfactory, tactile, gustatory and kinesthetic - as possible.
- Fat and sweetening agents were eventually introduced to the mix, which may have compromised the dough's shelf life but certainly enhanced its gustatory appeal.