- For a lot of white rock boys of a certain age, he was the guv'nor; initially, his solo material was at least tolerated by the trendier crowd.
- ‘Officially, in the beginning, he was the guvnor.’
- Because of the winners I've had, the guv'nor has put me on nicer horses and that's given me confidence.
- He's a big man, who doesn't like people getting too close to the guvnor.
- Think street-wise gentleman or guv'nor in clean cut double-breasted three-piece suits that flash vibrant linings of orange, reds and pinks, under heavy sheepskin coats and you've got the Lilliard look.
- But Jackie's a good guv'nor in design terms because, if there's a criticism of my own design it's that it's sometimes a bit over intellectual, and she levels me out.
- Ryan's career declined along with that of his guv'nor and he will hand in his licence at the end of the season.
- The officers were suffering from low morale caused by their guv'nor (let's call him Jimmy) who was intensely disliked.
- ‘The guv'nor said he has never had him better,’ said the winning jockey, also landing his first Gold Cup and biggest domestic success to date.
- Pressley had better be quick as, if he doesn't reach the podium sharpish, he might find his guvnor has already lifted the pot.
- The guy I called didn't answer the phone by saying ‘‘Allo, guv'nor!’
- ‘If you want to find this bloke so much, guv'nor,’ he once suggested, ‘why not look in the telephone directory?’
- I wasn't, honest guv'nor, I was just trying to look at the stars.
- A few times, I have arrived at a big racing yard for first lot and got there before the guv'nor.
- Oh no, you wouldn't catch me doing that, guv'nor.
- ‘I saw your guv'nor lighting up his fag after telling me not to,’ he told me with obvious glee.
- I know I was driving too fast, I know it is irresponsible, I know I have no argument - I was caught, bang to rights guv'nor.
- Worth a tenner of anyone's money - know what I mean, guv'nor?
- Although no one has ever called me the guvnor with hair like this!
- And I fell in love with pubs, with being a guv'nor, with all of it.