In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is always an enjoyable day and over the years the gymkhana society have generously sponsored the various organisations in the community and they are worthy of your support.
- Sunday after Sunday saw Paddy head off for some of the regional shows or gymkhanas where he was a regular performer and from which he amassed an impressive array of rosettes.
- Here they will receive horse ridding lessons and see a mini gymkhana.
- Following a day including gymkhana, open jumping, driving, horticulture, children's sports, fell race and much more, the committee rounded of the annual show with a barbecue and dance in the evening.
- The gymkhana society are great supporters of the community so please come along and support them.
- The scene is a gymkhana, or rather the parking lot for horseboxes, where the animals are brushed and groomed in preparation for events going on off screen.
- Beyond the purely practical there are more dapper variations of this apparel for spoiled horsey to wear on special occasions such as gymkhanas.
- Horse trials, a gymkhana and a dog show as well as the funfair, exhibition tents and fast food.
- The motor gymkhana events, which are held under floodlights, are the ‘zig zag’ event where in you have to snake across a series of barriers as quickly as possible and clock the best time.
- Visitors were supplemented by a busy calendar of social events that tied together a community of settlements in gymkhanas, cricket fixtures and golf tournaments (on a dirt course).
- Mr Stephens said the money would also be used to provide new outreach services to isolated station people and community events such as local race meetings, gymkhanas and festivals.
- He bought the young Tony a succession of ponies to ride in their field, the last one being called Chippy, and, despite never having had a riding lesson, Tony entered a series of gymkhanas and won almost all of them.
- If it wasn't for them a lot of football matches, fêtes and gymkhanas just couldn't take place.
- The annual gymkhana and garden fête will take place this Sunday, opening at 1.00 p.m., admission €2.
- A mini gymkhana is also being organised for the Japanese group.
- For younger riders there is mini-jumping and a gymkhana.
- At Easter and Christmas you see them, there were very few motor cars, and every little town had a fête of a gymkhana, they used to call them.
- Emily only began serious dressage competition under strict British Dressage rules in January after some success at gymkhanas and country shows.
- Heavy rain in the afternoon kept the attendance down but the weather improved later and the gymkhana in the evening proved a great attraction.
- Used mainly as cavalry horses, the walers also excelled as mounts at polo, race meetings, and gymkhanas.
competición ecuestre en la que caballos y jinetes demuestran sus habilidades en diversas pruebas
2US(in motor racing)
competición automovilística que consta de varias pruebas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.