In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The day's programme began with a gymnastic display by the scholars, and a performance by drum majorettes.
- Despite its enormous size, the gym seemed crowded with gymnastic apparatuses.
- Many good gymnastic coaches have never competed in matches.
- The first Modern Olympic games in 1896 featured competitive gymnastic events for men, which have been included in every Olympics since.
- She did all the gymnastic exercises better than anyone else.
- After unravelling themselves from an eye-watering gymnastic display, they explain they both joined the circus when they were nine years old.
- During practice sessions she sometimes furiously kicks gymnastic apparatuses and screams that she will never go near them again.
- We've already mastered our flatwork, and introduced small gymnastic jumping exercises.
- Whole families come there for workouts and to learn some gymnastic exercises that improve fitness.
- Simons continues to peruse a multitude of mediums that incorporate his gymnastic talent.
- During this time, Betty did some coaching and performed in a number of gymnastic shows and exhibitions throughout the the USA.
- While performing gymnastic exercises, she never smiles.
- In the afternoon, the pair gave a talk about the importance of exercise and healthy eating, then wowed everyone with a dramatic gymnastic display.
- In addition to her gymnastic training five days a week, she skis and skates in the winter.
- It was probably the largest turnout for a gymnastic event in the United States.
- The work's extreme manoeuvres seem designed to seduce its dancers into displays of gymnastic narcissism.
- She would like to continue her gymnastic career even after Tokyo, but sooner or later she must think of stepping down to make way for the younger set.
- Let's not delve deep into gymnastic techniques and details by describing all the elements.
- The standards of Soviet gymnastic training and performance are known and recognized the world over.
- Her mother was a gymnastics teacher and she was part of a gymnastic team preparing to compete in the Moscow Olympics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.