In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In gymnastics, both men and women compete in the floor exercises as well as the apparatus sections.
- At the age of seven, she still wasn't sure whether it would be gymnastics or figure skating for her.
- He also continued his athletic interests, taking to gymnastics and to racquet sports.
- Sports on offer this summer include short tennis, gymnastics, basketball, trampolining and table tennis.
- In this endless race after the leader the wonderful sport of gymnastics is perfected.
- Other sports expected to be witnessed by the 500,000 spectators are horse riding, tennis and gymnastics.
- This aligned position of the head is very important in many sporting activities especially in gymnastics, diving and golf.
- Apart from athletics, she also competes in a wide range of events such as gymnastics, volleyball and basketball.
- Does that mean, I was tempted to ask, your main interest in gymnastics is floor exercises?
- They will spend half a day at a time in the Arena learning less mainstream sports such as martial arts, gymnastics, handball and basketball.
- Poor timing for gymnastics, a sport that already dangles at the bottom of the sporting food chain.
- His triple salto in the floor exercises alone is a world record in gymnastics.
- As in ice skating, women's gymnastics has a component of showmanship in it.
- As a child she was so good at sports that gymnastics soon became her favorite subject.
- In the modern Olympics, diving and gymnastics are the two sports in which Chinese athletes are very successful.
- Two sports halls would be built to host badminton, gymnastics and table tennis.
- The success formula in modern gymnastics is complexity plus beauty plus artistry.
- Evora was involved in gymnastics for several years, where her favorite event was the uneven bars.
- I'm a believer in psychological momentum, not just in gymnastics but in all sports.
- Her love for the sport of gymnastics truly shows in each one of her performances.
2(exercises)gimnasia feminineverbal/mental gymnastics — acrobacia verbal/mental feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.