In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Two sports halls would be built to host badminton, gymnastics and table tennis.
- I'm a believer in psychological momentum, not just in gymnastics but in all sports.
- His triple salto in the floor exercises alone is a world record in gymnastics.
- Evora was involved in gymnastics for several years, where her favorite event was the uneven bars.
- As a child she was so good at sports that gymnastics soon became her favorite subject.
- Poor timing for gymnastics, a sport that already dangles at the bottom of the sporting food chain.
- Sports on offer this summer include short tennis, gymnastics, basketball, trampolining and table tennis.
- Other sports expected to be witnessed by the 500,000 spectators are horse riding, tennis and gymnastics.
- Apart from athletics, she also competes in a wide range of events such as gymnastics, volleyball and basketball.
- As in ice skating, women's gymnastics has a component of showmanship in it.
- Her love for the sport of gymnastics truly shows in each one of her performances.
- This aligned position of the head is very important in many sporting activities especially in gymnastics, diving and golf.
- At the age of seven, she still wasn't sure whether it would be gymnastics or figure skating for her.
- In this endless race after the leader the wonderful sport of gymnastics is perfected.
- The success formula in modern gymnastics is complexity plus beauty plus artistry.
- Does that mean, I was tempted to ask, your main interest in gymnastics is floor exercises?
- He also continued his athletic interests, taking to gymnastics and to racquet sports.
- In the modern Olympics, diving and gymnastics are the two sports in which Chinese athletes are very successful.
- They will spend half a day at a time in the Arena learning less mainstream sports such as martial arts, gymnastics, handball and basketball.
- In gymnastics, both men and women compete in the floor exercises as well as the apparatus sections.
2(exercises)gimnasia feminineverbal/mental gymnastics — acrobacia verbal/mental feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.