In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1giroscopio masculinegiróscopo masculine
- They use little gyroscopes within the lens system of the camera to steady the image.
- The discoveries may eventually lead to microscopic computers and ultra-precise gyroscopes that could dramatically improve aircraft guidance and spacecraft navigation.
- The Delphi computer is fed data by sensors and gyroscopes that can sense the slightest tilt in the scooter.
- The earth can be thought of as a gigantic gyroscope, spinning at over 1000 miles per hour at its equator.
- These guidance systems consist of a small spinning device called a gyroscope which keeps a constant axis orientation and thus helps to orient the missile.
- According to the original scheme, spacewalking astronauts would have replaced failing batteries, gyroscopes and fine-guidance sensors.
- The chair uses a computerized system of sensors, gyroscopes, and electric motors to convert itself from a standard four-wheeled chair to an elevated chair balanced on only two wheels.
- It's got two wheels, five gyroscopes and hundreds of electrical connections.
- A motor inside the gyrocompass keeps the gyroscope spinning, so the gyrocompass will continue pointing toward north and will adjust itself swiftly and accurately even if the boat is in rough seas or the plane hits turbulence.
- Each gyroscope's axis, while maintaining its direction with respect to local space-time, will no longer align on the far-off star.
- This guidance system reads gyroscopes and accelerometers and sends appropriate commands to attitude control thrusters.
- However, in the days of vacuum tubes and mechanical gyroscopes, development could not move along fast enough to get this weapon into combat before the war ended.
- Any changes in a spacecraft's orientation detected by onboard gyroscopes can be used by guidance systems to make adjustments.
- It looks like a hi-tech warehouse trolley or an old-fashioned manual lawnmower, but it is equipped with state-of-the-art gyroscopes, tilt sensors, rechargeable batteries and microprocessors.
- These gyroscopes control the orientation of the craft.
- On returning to the starting point, the spin axis of the gyroscope (green arrow) would have turned 90 degrees from its original heading.
- A three-axis flight control system uses a heading reference unit and a vertical gyroscope to provide flight stability.
- When the axis of a gyroscope is rotated the gyro attempts to make the plane of the rotation of the axis become the new plane of rotation for the gyro.
- The prototype device is able to monitor its orientation using an embedded gyroscope.
- The newly designed system now enables the spacecraft to turn away from the Earth, using precision sun sensors and gyroscopes to navigate its way to geostationary orbit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.