In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hábeas corpus masculineto apply for habeas corpus — presentar un recurso de hábeas corpus
- When we use habeas corpus, we protect the safety of both our physical selves and our moral selves.
- How do the basic values of the writ of habeas corpus compare to those of the Bill of Rights generally?
- And there are no territorial limits to the reach of habeas corpus articulated in the text.
- The principle of habeas corpus is a demand that free people make toward state power.
- Because we know that the writ of habeas corpus provides one of the most significant protections of human freedom against arbitrary government action ever created.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.