In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Boundaries should be placed around cities instead, preventing the otherwise inevitable depletion of precious natural habitats.
- These included maintaining and restoring a full range of remaining natural habitats and ecosystems to a healthy, functioning condition.
- Pollution had also been a major problem, devastating the natural habitats of many animals and damaging the earth beyond repair.
- The draining of water from rivers and watersheds for irrigation leads to drier natural habitats.
- It's a technique which has a lot of potential and the next film will feature more talking animals in their natural habitat.
- The series focuses on the current state of our natural habitat, and what the future holds for us all.
- In this film there are no underwater shots of marine life in its natural habitat.
- The best tend to have fewer species, provide a great deal of space, and sometimes almost reproduce the animals' natural habitats - minus most of the dangers.
- This chance to view the animals in their natural habitat should not be passed by.
- It's hard enough bird watching, does she have to disrupt the animals in their natural habitat?
- We have destroyed all the predators of the fox in these islands by our own expansion into natural habitats.
- The place is a natural habitat for 15 endemic plants bearing the mountains' name.
- One of those values is the desire to protect our natural habitat for generations to come.
- But the stress of being moved from their natural habitat can damage the animals and the public are being asked not to handle them.
- Soon it will be time to compete for attention with a different type of animal in their natural habitat of the Dáil.
- We depend on the natural environment for our survival, as wildlife depends on the natural ecosystem for its habitat.
- Finally, time was spent on the Galapagos Islands recording indigenous animals in their natural habitats.
- The article suggests that protecting elephants and their natural habitats would be a step to survival of the species.
- The good news is that these cool, damp places are ideal for growing woodland plants, whose natural habitats include just such moist, shady conditions.
- The point is businesses that benefit from animals are expected to preserve habitats, not disturb natural productivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.