In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informalComputingpirata informático masculinepirata informática femininehacker informal
- Any hacker or legitimate web user can employ many of these same measures for their own purposes, for business, or even for advertising endeavors.
- It is such a good movie that I, and just about every other hacker I know, stood in line with our $14.95 in hand to pick it up the first day it was on the shelves.
- With Linux proliferating in consumer devices that's almost a sure thing since even if the program developer doesn't do it some firmware hacker will.
- The level of control that hardware manufacturers have over hardware design has led to other forms of resistance, often originating in various hacker and open source communities.
- Enthusiastic hackers unpicked the code and used it to write versions of their own.
- If run, a remote access component allows hackers to gain remote access to infected computers.
- These are explicit hacker attempts with the sole intention of keeping legitimate users of a network from using that service and/or disrupting normal business operations.
- The fifth position went to a phishing activity, in which a university hacker stole Internet users' personal information by luring them to provide confidential data on disguised Web sites.
- Thereafter Kornbrust showed how it would be possible for a hacker to hide database users or processes he controlled.
- A virtual break-in is nearly impossible in theory, but it is never wise to count out that one clever hacker.
- The program is innovative, clever, a pleasure to work with and one of the rare open-source projects designed with end users, not just hackers, in mind.
- A few days ago, the ninth hacker's conference was held in Las Vegas.
- If you're accessing the Internet without properly securing your computer, hackers can gain illegal access to your files-often without your knowledge.
- He did it the way any sensible hacker living on the other side of the world would do it.
- Such measures are generally recognized to be ineffective against hackers while blocking legitimate users.
- This does not protect against reboots, but should turn the simple minded hacker away.
- In fact, the Google web scanning queries have become automated, and are available for downloading from hacker chat and websites.
- Librarians also are more likely to be involved in direct communication with end users than are most free software hackers.
- This shortcoming creates a means for hackers to spam users with a maliciously constructed email designed to trigger this buffer overflow condition.
- The goal is to make each password as difficult for hackers to decipher as possible.
- But if his work is not good enough, another hacker will immediately fill the gap.
- While some home users, hackers and hobbyists have switched to Linux or other Open Source software, businesses seem to have been more cautious.
- Right-o. We're going to test your skills as both a computer programmer, hacker and human.
- The kid, the son of wealthy attorneys in New Rochelle, N.Y., is a notorious computer hacker.
- It is a useful addition to any kernel hacker's toolbelt.
- Many users oppose spam as a matter of principle; responsible hackers oppose the use of hacking techniques to steal, disrupt or destroy.
- In short, they engage in activity that is unacceptable to a culturally and politically more aware and, perhaps, mature hacker.
- Once such a back-door is installed, any spammer or hacker can ‘own’ the computer and thereby take on the identity of the user.
- In light of this linguistic shift from pirates and hackers to users and consumers, the name-calling can be seen as serving a very specific and insidious function.
- A 21-year old hacker has been sentenced to jail in Michigan for hacking via wardriving.
- Good thing they don't disclose their security; if they did some hacker might read about it and break it.
- The computer company has to answer what guarantees it is prepared to give that home users are safe from hackers.
- One major roadblock that needs to be overcome is the lack of security that arises from having all of this valuable information floating around in our airwaves for any hacker to take.
- The worm opens a backdoor onto infected computers which allows hackers to gain access.
- Problems in the way this was implemented in Internet Explorer left the door open for hackers to easily trick users into running malicious code on their machines.
- The bug created a means for hackers to inject malware into vulnerable Windows boxes providing a user can be induced into viewing a maliciously constructed image.
- Although the software is generally excellent, it requires an experienced UNIX / web/database hacker to use and modify it.
- Or was it just some hacker looking to make a name for himself?
- Without anonymity, he says, unwanted advertisers or other hackers could tap into users' personal information.
- So, on his first-month birthday, my wife snapped this picture to show that a new Linux hacker is on his way to help in the Open Source community.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.