In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1laca feminine(para el pelo) fijador masculine
- Her hair was stiff with gel and hairspray and never seemed to move.
- If you're out for a big night and want some serious volume, spray some super-hold hairspray at the crown of your head and backcomb your hair to give it an extra lift.
- Spritzing yourself with canned hairspray or deodorant used to top the list of perceived environmental sins.
- Their hairdos are miracles of invention and peroxide, with enough hairspray on them to stop a palm tree rustling in a hurricane.
- Apply makeup, perfume and hairspray before putting on your jewellery.
- She tied the mass of curls in place with a silver scrunchie and sprayed it lightly with hairspray.
- I turned off the hairdryer and sprayed some hairspray in it lightly, running my fingers through it to give the waves a cute, messy look.
- It actually only took about an hour and a lot of hairspray to get my hair curly enough.
- I woke up, got dressed, curled my hair with gel and hairspray, got on my bus, got off and went to breakfast.
- Always apply hairspray, perfume, and deodorant before you dress and let it dry completely.
- The new range is a move away from the irons and includes hair treatments, ceramic brushes, shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays, and styling gels.
- Instead, use shampoos, conditioners and hairsprays specially formulated for synthetic wigs.
- I stood up and she pushed a strand of my hair back into place, attacking it with hairspray.
- I hadn't taken my hair down from the wedding and spent probably twenty minutes trying to dislodge bobby pins from hairspray.
- Simply brush your hair and apply a bit of hairspray while your hair is still wet.
- I send him out to go and buy me some hairspray and some setting lotion for my hair.
- Hair gels and hairspray can irritate your face if they are put near the hairline.
- Spray your fingertips with hairspray, then dig to your scalp, raising your fingers every couple seconds to lift your hair.
- Each section was then sprayed with hairspray again to help the hair stay sleek.
- This makes me use a great deal of gel and hairspray to keep it from sticking straight up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.