In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pasador masculinehebilla feminine Argentinabroche masculine Mexico Uruguay
- You'll find an elegant range of handcrafted hairslides and bangles with Celtic and Claddagh motifs.
- She is adorable and I like her little ladybird hairslide!
- And they are introducing a range of fashion items such as T-shirts with slogans, jewelery, such as hairslides, and bedding.
- Mum was cross because my gilt hairslides went rusty but I didn't care.
- A combination hairslide and necklace was accepted for entry into the 2005/06 Exhibition and was on show from mid November 2005 until mid January 2006.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.