1(de un reloj) espiral feminine
- The curb pins on the regulator must be adjusted so that the hairspring hits them when it is supposed to.
- When the spring is released current ceases to flow in the coil allowing the hairspring to return the balance.
- This oscillation is not exactly a parallel to the balance wheel and hairspring of a clockwork watch, but the fact is that both use oscillations to keep track of passing time.
- In most cases they used a long extension of the hairspring and pinned it to the base of the balance cock.
- The two hairsprings are offset at 180 degrees to provide optimal balance, better regulation, easy adjustment, improved stability and greater precision.