In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vida media feminine
- Tritium is radioactive, with a half-life of 12.26 years.
- The FDA recommends keeping a fourteen-day supply on hand; radioactive iodine has a half-life of eight days.
- Radioactive depleted uranium has a half-life of 4500 million years.
- The small, lead-shielded canisters contain pellets or a fine powder of caesium 137, which emits powerful gamma radiation with a half-life of 30 years.
- In addition, the plants would produce 7,313 tonnes of highly radioactive waste with a half-life of 24,000 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.