In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hermanastra femininemedia hermana feminine
- The film is about two half-sisters, one of whom has a psychological problem.
- Maria and Erin are my sisters - half-sisters, that is.
- There is a lot of affection and love between the sisters, or half-sisters, and even between the detective and Ryan's character.
- And I didn't have a dollar because my parents never gave my brother, my half-sister and me allowances.
- He remarried and I found out I had four half-sisters and five half-brothers and countless aunts and uncles.
- He was said to be the father of Modred by his half-sister Morgawse; his sister was Anna.
- He sits down with his two half-sisters to talk about their father's funeral, at which they met for the first time, and from which Kahn's wife tried to exclude Kahn's two illegitimate children and their mothers.
- In the case of Adriana, a tourist delivered a letter to her half-sister in Houston, whom she had never met.
- I have a sister McKenzie, half-sister Kathy, stepsister Heather and stepbrother Bret.
- Imagine you're the daughter of a modernist painter and writer, and the half-sister of an established music star.
- For his letter leaves the impression that the author of Childe Harold had no daughter by his half-sister, Augusta.
- Some time during the war, probably in 1944, they had a child, a daughter; my half-sister.
- Flora, who has three half-sisters whom she has also never met, added that she would one day like to meet them too.
- And I had great sisters that I grew up with, Tracey and Sandy, who were my half-sisters, but were my sisters growing up.
- I have half-brothers and half-sisters from my parents' previous marriages, and they're all much older than me.
- True's real-life parents are divorced and she has a younger half-sister.
- My father remarried some years ago, with Sandrine, and they got another child, a daughter, my half-sister Jeanne.
- It's a little tricky when you're talking about your parents because I have half-sisters and half-brothers.
- He had a sister, Charlotte, 24, a half-sister Catherine, 12, and a half-brother Christopher, nine.
- He had two half-brothers and two half-sisters, all of whom remained on the mainland when his parents left for Hong Kong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.