In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The 194th Tank Battalion was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Ernest B. Miller and was comprised of M3 tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, and motorcycles.
- The festival will begin on Friday, September 10, as military vehicles including tanks, half-tracks, lorries, jeeps and guns begin arriving in Morecambe.
- More commonly, lorries, half-tracks, and APCs have carried the infantryman onto the battlefield, and the MICV can now carry him across it.
- The half-tracks replied by opening fire with their 75 mm guns.
- Commanding from a half-track in the Six-Day War, the book discusses Gonen's temper, and the real-world experience of commanding an army versus a brigade from a bunker.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.