In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1media volea femininesemivolea feminine
- And while Redha Tukar almost levelled immediately with a half-volley, it was the Ukrainians who looked the more likely to add to the scoring as the Saudis panicked whenever the European side pushed forward.
- Having hit the side-netting as he latched onto Ferreira's pass, he struck a half-volley from the edge of the area that Kirkland managed to take the pace off before Harry Kewell headed off the line.
- He's an aggressive fast-medium bowler who gets the Australians playing shots - short balls, bad balls, yorkers, half-volleys - and so far they are forever picking out the man just inside the ropes.
- After 34 minutes they forced a corner that Leeds cleared only to the edge of the area, where Julian Gray struck a crisp half-volley that found the net via a deflection from Mills.
- Nick Fitzgerald sent forward a long ball which was flicked on by Tony O'Keeffe to Ger McGonigle, but his half-volley struck on the turn was saved by Abbey goalkeeper Martin Ward.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.