In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(intermediate tone)media tinta feminine
- Note when counting steps that there is a single half-tone between B and C, and E and F.
- La cathédrale engloutie, apart from flummoxing interpreters in terms of correct pace and use of half-tones, is characterised by the artist's profound choice of tonal palette.
- Like their contemporaries, the Prazak, they have a marvellous richness of response that adds drama to the long, unbroken lines - in 1918, the composer was under the influence of Brahms - and caressing half-tones to softer sections.
- Now add into it, the principle of composition, in counterpoint, of so-called neighboring key, neighboring-key half-tone change.
- Moiseiwitsch's singing line and Kempff's half-tones are simply absent, while the inter-relation of tempi - ie the middle section of the second movement should be more relaxed than the march figure - needs more thought in preparation.
2(picture)fotograbado a media tinta masculine
- Not until 1900, however, did half-tone photographic images become a regular feature of newspapers and magazines.
- Many chapters have lovely half-tone illustrations of restored animals or landscapes, by the talented artist Mauricio Anton.
- The monochrome half-tone process, introduced in 1872, was refined by the end of the 19th cent. to allow full colour reproduction.
- Moreover, the nature of newspapers had changed - full of half-tones and features, and covering these sensational stories more than ever before.
- Don followed the Audubon Bird Guide series with about 100 half-tone illustrations for a popular book, Our Amazing Birds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.