In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tonto masculinetonta feminineimbécil masculine
- They'd love to believe that all the halfwits who listen to Tool actually don't get it, but really they're all listening to them for the same reason.
- The punchline is that no matter how many times this gets plainly shown to be true, the halfwits keep on using it.
- And they sing songs by halfwits like The Eagles and Bryan Adams!
- I refuse to hand over my country to a bunch of halfwits who can neither protect us or care for us.
- Don't get us wrong, the Mercury panel might be a great big collection of dribbling halfwits as far as we know, but at least they know their music.
- And the next thing you know, you've got ignorant halfwits claiming that the ACLU is suing stores to stop them from saying Merry Christmas.
- Not only are you the idiot of the month, you're the braindead cretin of the month and the muddleheaded halfwit of the month as well.
- It's quite simply that British television is now run by halfwits who are terrified for their jobs and obsessed with youth.
- Let's just say we watched a lot of filmstrips because neither of these two halfwits knew a damn thing about the subject they were teaching.
- He is a cretin's cretin, a halfwit, an ignoramus in every respect.
- They didn't have a final confrontation between Gandalf and Sauron, where they sit on a beach playing chess and discussing the fate of halfwits.
- I always thought that the majority of people posting on Metafilter were halfwits only too eager to jump on a bandwagon.
- Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on the halfwits who came up with these tautological complaints (don't dull, staid and uninteresting mean the same thing?)
- On my first trip to the pub I am reminded how half a dozen pints can reduce dazzling intellectuals to burbling halfwits.
- The climax of the movie, and oh boy is it ever a climax, was when the mayor held a press conference in the middle of the city square, surrounded by a crowd of inbred halfwits ingesting funnel cakes and holding balloons.
- Essentially, the sisters' show is a series of sketches set in a stage school which is staffed and attended by grotesques, halfwits and bubble-brained wannabes.
- Who are these halfwits they're dredging up for quotes?
- The foot soldiers of this movement are mostly amiable halfwits.
- It isn't just the Guardian that employs bumbling halfwits, you know.
- For all the halfwits calling for these people to be fired, do they know how to lay track or fix a subway car?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.