In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Ridingcabestro masculineronzal masculine
- The whole world needs to get a look at items such as her hand tooled bronc halters and her embellished denim garments.
- Three months later, his burros, a bridle and halter, and candy wrappers were found in Davis Gulch, an offshoot of Escalante Canyon.
- Then, when he puts a halter on the horse, he quickly points out to the crowd that if the horse really takes off, any control would be lost in an instant!
- If I think a horse is going to run so much that he's going to be hard to catch, I may leave the lead rope hooked to his halter.
- Place the chain over the horse's nose and up the opposite of the halter to keep the halter from slipping around as you work.
- Did they turn the horse out safely or did they remove the halter and slap the horse on the rump?
- Ty grabbed MeadowLark's halter and tugged on it.
- She would also follow him around without a lead line or halter.
- It also includes used animal trappings such as harnesses, saddles, halters, reins, rope and chain.
- Gently, she moved Matrix's halter from his head to around his neck so that she would have control even without the bridle on.
- They start at opposite ends of the line and throw a halter over each animal's head.
- The soldiers ride bays or chestnuts and use United States Army regulation saddles, saddlecloths, halters, bridles, and curb bits.
- If you don't use trail bridles, bring a halter and lead rope.
- You can donate towels, blankets, lead ropes, halters, feed, hay, veterinary equipment, vehicles and trailers.
- Holding on to the halter around the neck of the cow as he tried to settle the riled up animal, was David, with two puffing dogs at his heels.
- By pulling on the halter, all your horse can do is run around you in a circle.
- For over 15 years he made saddlebags, chaps, halters and such and then decided at the age of 51 to try his hand at saddle making.
- Much of the program is taught to the human and the horse using a rope halter and rope hackamore.
- A second call for the clowns allowed Chris to strip the horse down to just a halter and a lead rope and mount bareback.
- Bob calmly grabbed the stallion's halter, led him into the corner of the stall, placed a twitch around his nose and proceeded to treat him.
2(noose)dogal masculinesoga feminine
- For which other worse tricks he had not (Archer would not have) escaped the halter (noose), but that (had not) Captain Newport interposed his advice to the contrary that is that the council should not hang Mr. Archer.
- And there, made ready for death, with the halter round her neck, she stood upon the fatal ladder in calm serenity, expecting to die.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.