In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(patty of meat)hamburguesa femininebefore noun hamburger chain — cadena de hamburgueserías feminine
- hamburger joint — hamburguesería
- Hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks on the grill, all the usual summer barbecue favorites.
- I guess my gourmandise runs deep, although in practice this meant I ate a lot of plain hamburgers at Burger King.
- They butchered a steer and served hamburgers and steaks to the family.
- We turn to hamburgers, sausage pizza, French fries, candy bars and other foods high in fat, sugar and calories.
- But you can also serve it with grilled beef and hamburgers, and even chicken or pork.
- There will be a beer tent and the kitchen will be open offering hamburgers, boerewors rolls and curry and rice.
- On the Fourth of July, as I sat at Steve's house grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, my cell phone began to ring.
- Cut back on hamburgers, pizza, French fries, ice cream, and sweets.
- This means that his diet consists primarily of steak and bacon and hamburgers without the buns.
- There is a wide array of culinary choices, including pizza, kebabs, falafel, hamburgers, and Chinese cuisine.
- What this basically means is that they serve hamburgers, tuna sandwiches, chicken wings and hot dogs in addition to the jerks, rotis and curries.
- Years ago, before Atkins diet was the rave, most food service folks would look at her cross-eyed when she asked them to hold the bread on a hamburger, or hold the croutons on a salad.
- She makes good food for herself and Hillary, like pizza and hamburgers and cookies, while I get salads and fruit and water.
- Jon threw some steaks and baked potatoes on the grill and a few hamburgers for the kids.
- We served hamburgers and hot dogs, we were grilling them around the clock, and had a cold drink concession.
- With pizza outdistancing hamburgers and frankfurters in the race for the consumer dollar, pizza production is soaring.
- Long before the hamburger and the fried chicken, colonial circulation spawned a popular staple which Cairo made its own.
- Steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and pork chops are usually grilled.
- Pizza and hamburgers are popular occasional meals and often are served at fast-food restaurants.
- Our menu will satisfy any hunger with options from hamburgers, pasta, seafood, steaks, and more.
- Tell her your favorite meat is hamburger and stress your connections with the Texas beef producers?
- I know to use ground chuck instead of hamburger or even ground loin.
- I could turn a big lump of cheap meat into short ribs, prime ribs, rib eyes, deckle steaks, and high-quality hamburger.
- In this case, the freezer does not store hamburger.
- Cow Z's body will be used for processed beef or hamburger.
- This time we just had the whole animal made into hamburger.
- In 1998, just over 51 percent of all beef imports consisted of trimmings and manufacturing grade beef which are ground into hamburger.
- Use fresh lean hamburger; frozen beef can brown quickly and fool you into thinking it's cooked.
2US(ground beef)carne molida femininecarne picada feminine River Plate Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.