In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aldea femininecaserío masculinepoblado masculine
- This close relationship with the area and its people had enabled him to make many friends in the mountain hamlets and villages of the Rhodopes.
- These sessions generally include students from a central village and more remote hamlets nearby.
- I am also after information on the surrounding hamlets and villages.
- Army cartographers arrive in Victorian Ireland to rename villages, hamlets, roads.
- The main town would be the central point of an area with the outriding hamlets and villages contributing to the town's collection.
- Like a monstrous octopus, poverty spreads its nagging, prehensile tentacles into hamlets and villages all over our world.
- Any graphic breach of etiquette will mostly likely be more noticeable in tiny hamlets and upcountry villages.
- They live in villages, hamlets, and isolated farmsteads scattered across the island.
- The coast I like, towns, villages, and even hamlets I like, but the countryside and I do not really get on.
- In northern Sweden it was not uncommon for a dozen or more villages and hamlets to share a church.
- The Evening Press is appealing for people who live in hamlets and small villages which do not have their own news outlet to step forward and help serve their community.
- As Susan says, many of the region's most beautiful villages and hamlets are home also to unexpected shopping delights.
- The school, when finished, will be home to about 500 kids from Eniwari village and surrounding hamlets.
- The Slovak settlement pattern includes hamlets or colonies, villages, towns, and cities.
- But in rural villages and hamlets of the Andean highlands, it remains partially intact.
- Clémence Massart has been bringing Éigse out of the galleries and into the towns and villages and hamlets of Carlow this week.
- Farms were grouped in small hamlets rather than villages (two to ten households).
- I must have visited about 30 villages and hamlets to locate the tribe.
- Thousands of villages and hamlets were connected by narrow paths, customs, and networks of marriage and trade partners.
- Then there is of course the wholesale wiping out of some 300 hamlets and villages in the Central Highlands of Vietnam.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.