In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine ligamento de la corvamasculine tendón del corvejónmasculine tendón del jarrete
- The lift is actually performed by the leg muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteus maximus) on the way up.
- Do not run down the rear of the leg when nearing the hock as it is easy to cut the hamstring and cause lameness.
- Poor training routines can contribute to soft tissue injuries such as those to Achilles tendons, hamstrings and calf and adductor muscles.
- This exercise strengthens the back extensors, gluteals, quadriceps, hamstrings and core abdominal muscles.
- They can go to the neck and slice the jugular vein and carotid artery; they can cut the hamstring above the hock; they can cut the band on top of the neck.
- Your gluteus maximus and hamstrings are powerful hip extensors that are activated whenever you stand, sit or step up.
- You must squat to build a symmetrical sexy lower body with a balance between the quadriceps and the hamstrings and gluteus maximus.
1(render powerless)I was hamstrung: I couldn't help them — estaba atado de pies y manos: no podía ayudarlos
- the project was hamstrung by lack of funds — el proyecto se vio frustrado por falta de fondos
2(horse) cortarle el tendón del corvejón a(horse) cortarle el tendón del jarrete a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.