In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in horse racing)
- However, Ciaran Kennelly, senior handicapper of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, suggested a more international structure.
- Television Games Network anchor and racing analyst Caton Bredar will be joined by handicapper Debra Giglio on an all-female panel of celebrity guests.
- The horse-race handicapper is not in there, but the press does it.
- Racing industry stewards and handicappers are fairly and justly proud of protecting the integrity of the actual racing but in my ears the administrative cartel is not generally entitled to respect.
- For example, when the handicapper allots a weight to a horse for the Grand National, he will look at its previous form.
- Only 32, Sherman already has put in eight years at the Las Vegas sports books, and is likely the most knowledgeable golf handicapper in the country.
- Track handicappers split the horses in each race into four separate pools based on ability.
- Mike Battaglia, oddsmaker at Churchill Downs since 1975 and one of horse racing's most respected handicappers, will be an analyst for NBC at the Belmont Stakes.
- Weights for the three mile five furlong contest will not be finalised by handicapper Noel O'Brien until next Monday, but Beef Or Salmon would carry top weight.
- Saavy handicappers and fantasy football players do all the research they can to keep up, but everyone's been taken aback by the game-day inactive list at one point or another.
- Twelve years later, Kennelly joined the Turf Club as handicapper for flat racing; 12 years after that, he got the call from Hong Kong.
- ‘It was just a disaster,’ said track handicapper Gina Rosenthal, who witnessed the incident.
- Ron, if I had a horse racing handicapper here, I would ask him to tell me who is going to win first tomorrow at aqueduct.
- Bob Slater, handicapper for the Miami Herald for the last 30 years, died on Saturday at Avenutura Hospital in Miami.
- The disproportionately valuable Fred Winter Hurdle took the Pertemps' Tuesday slot because the official handicappers insisted the juvenile handicap was run before the Triumph.
- A panel of three handicappers picked the horses in each bet.
- Not only that, but in a listing of 33 handicappers' selections in the Racing Form only one handicapper selected Volponi.
- The markets work in the same way as the Tote works at the racetrack, where the crowd is better at picking winning horses than any individual handicapper.
- The narrow win here may fool the handicapper into giving Gift Horse only a small rise in the ratings but I doubt it.
- An expert handicapper and horse owner, Olczyk has what it takes to spot a winner.
persona que asigna los hándicaps a los caballos de carrera
2US(tipster)pronosticador masculinepronosticadora feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.