In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hecho a mano
- Shoes were also handmade and came from only two stores, Feney's or Acropolis shoes.
- Every street has independent shoe shops with handmade Italian shoes at amazing prices.
- After arranging them on boards with handmade paper and acrylic paint, she seals them with layers of lacquer.
- His mother sewed his clothes while he was young and knitted socks giving him a handmade pair for his birthday for many years.
- Still, the handmade quality of the welded assemblies may be the most lingering image.
- One of the students gave Rani handmade jewellery while others gifted her handmade candles and a card signed by all.
- You can buy dolls there from a range of beautiful handmade dolls, and designer dolls' clothes.
- Even with its size, it retains a sense of delicacy, a handmade quality that creeps out of its obsessive folds.
- The Coffin Cover combines a cardboard coffin interior with a removable traditional handmade wooden exterior.
- The installation is made from handmade silkscreen prints, neriage porcelain and tissue paper.
- Mitchinson was wearing a handmade corduroy suit, handmade shoes by Ducker's of Oxford, a cashmere polo neck.
- There is, of course, the question of cost, for industrial wine is cheaper to produce than handmade wine.
- As the first new born of 2004, Nisheka cashed in with a teddy bear, handmade quilt and clothes.
- The slipcover is also handmade and had to be folded and glued exactly.
- The charity was delighted and presented Trident with a handmade bowl which now has pride of place in the company's meeting room.
- Each of Anand's pieces is individually handcrafted using wood-free handmade paper.
- My silhouette was handmade, signed by the artist, and a work of traditional craft.
- Some of the attractive items on display at the Rajasthani counter include paintings on handmade paper.
- Every year he went there for his wardrobe, ordering several suits and pairs of handmade shoes.
- The handmade quality allows Trek to offer customers a lifetime warranty on its frames.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.