In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The next day, on the way back to the garage, I received a call on the hands-free phone from the tracker company.
- She was perched on her sofa, talking on her hands-free phone, on a day that would change her life forever.
- Laws requiring hands-free phones in automobiles are speeding the adoption of Bluetooth.
- Portugal and some other countries have even banned voice-operated hands-free phones.
- Echo plugs are plugged into the hands-free jacks of wireless telephones to facilitate testing.
- Users of hands-free phones still risk prosecution for failing to keep proper control of their vehicle or for driving carelessly or recklessly.
- Hands-free phones seemed to offer no safety advantage over hand held phones, though few drivers had hands-free phones.
- The key question, however, is this: is using a hands-free phone any different?
- Figures were the same for a driver using a hand-held or hands-free phone and likelihood of a crash held true regardless of gender or age.
- He was the man who invented the Kiwi-made, hands-free phone kit for the bicycle, which was a remarkable affair.
- The customer's new office is intended to be a small call center, so hands-free phone operation is a big benefit.
- This generic hands-free phone adapter is said to fit all makes and models.
- Sound is provided by a Bose speaker system, and the standard mobile hands-free telephone is mounted in the centre armrest.
- Even hands-free phones posed a danger, according to the report.
- When hands-free phones were invented I rejoiced - no longer would onlookers spying my muttering think me an insane person.
- But the use of hands-free phones will be permitted as will the use of mobile phones by passengers.
- And within a minute, the hands-free phone rings and a woman with a kindly and reassuring voice is asking me what it is that I desire.
- There are many ways in which you can fit a Bluetooth hands-free phone kit in your car and link it to your stereo system.
- Other specialists believe that using a hands-free phone while driving is no more dangerous than smoking or tuning your car radio.
- Specification is high and includes voice commands for major functions, such as the hands-free phone and CD player.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.