In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manuscritoescrito a mano
- Isn't the legal strength of a petition based on handwritten signatures?
- Within hours, the walls were draped in art paper bearing handwritten tributes to Gavin.
- She too had spotted a handwritten advert of Tann's in June 2001, and had met him with her two children, Ms Laws said.
- Honey climbed to the stage, clutching her handwritten speech and trembling all over.
- The handwritten message is scanned and sent to the destination and the letter is delivered just as a telegram.
- There was also a small handwritten paper extolling the value of purdah - wearing the veil.
- Write a few handwritten words in blue ink or on a stick-on note on the front page of the newsletter.
- The handwritten account of his trial runs to just two pages.
- There were the original handwritten entries at the time events happened.
- You wrote a short handwritten note, which explained to me how, where and when to deliver the feedback to the external examiner.
- I wrote to the address given and received a very polite handwritten letter in reply.
- After school, with a few friends, he brought out a handwritten magazine titled Bharati.
- The most he could do was provide us with a handwritten note that vouched for our honorable intentions.
- I wrote him a handwritten note asking if he would be interested in working with me.
- For each song George provides a brief insight into his inspiration and shares his original, handwritten lyrics.
- The den is where the music legend practiced and kept a handwritten log of his recordings.
- Particularly memorable was a handwritten letter of Nehru's that I came across.
- All articles should be neatly typed; we cannot accept handwritten contributions.
- They raided the safe for cash and left two handwritten notes.
- The public is invited to watch works-in-progress and submit handwritten comments.
- He had a stack of record cards that explained his work and at the bottom of each card a handwritten link to another card.
- The letter, which was handwritten and had no return address, was sent to an FBI lab in Miami for testing.
- The universal electronic signature will have the effect of a handwritten signature towards everyone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.