In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1we need a general handyman — necesitamos alguien que se ocupe del mantenimiento en general
- I'm not much of a handyman — no me doy mucha maña para los trabajos y arreglos de la casa
- Parish councillors had employed a handyman to put up the signs at the field and he had been subjected to verbal abuse by dog owners, said Coun Campbell.
- Do we expect them to be hair connoisseurs, fashion designers, handymen, scientists, builders, artists, romantic singers, athletes, leaders, and warriors?
- Locals were happy to work as cooks, cleaners and handymen.
- However they also said that these men were not trained to use their weapons, and were probably farmers or handymen.
- This has been supplemented with pay from occasional work as a handyman.
- The handymen - described as small repairs technicians - will carry out minor joinery, plumbing and safety work for a fraction of the cost of a regular contractor.
- Most of the work was done on a voluntary basis with bricklayers, plasterers, joiners, electricians, plumbers, painters and general handymen all freely giving their time and expertise to bring this great project to fruition.
- ‘We are also employing seven new handymen and women to help in the upkeep of estates,’ said Coun Sunderland.
- My advice is to find a handyman who can nail a piece of plywood in front of your furnace.
- They called the carpenter / handyman who does most of the repairs in our complex.
- If the wells are made of brick, a mason or a skilled handyman can add another row or two of bricks on top of the existing wall.
- Have a handyman make all repairs at the same time to avoid multiple visits.
- He's the club secretary, the manager and the voluntary handyman.
- A second opinion on these repairs should be obtained from a licensed general contractor, rather than a handyman.
- It is not appropriate for do-it-yourself installation unless done by an accomplished handyman.
- Janitors, handymen and elevator operators are to receive a 9.5 percent wage increase over the course of a three-year agreement.
- Everything was blooming and many local handymen, gardeners and maids were on the road.
- Hire a handyman or carpenter to have cabinets, closets and shelves all built right into your garage.
- I'm really sure I've seen this business before… someone who put together a consortium of retired handymen / DIYers, and they even had a price on their site for each individual piece of Ikea furniture.
- Closets cost less than built-in cabinetry, and they can be built by a handyman who is accustomed to framing and drywalling.
hombre habilidoso para trabajos de carpintería, albañilería etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.