1.1(laugh/smile) alegrementeit all ended happily — tuvo un final feliz
- to be happily married — ser feliz en el matrimonio
- they were playing quite happily — estaban jugando de lo más contentos / tranquilos
- (set phrase) … and they lived happily ever after — … y vivieron felices y comieron perdices
- I would have happily chewed off my own arm just for the pleasure of seeing my book in a shop.
- However, close friends said they were sure he would happily accept the offer.
- She blew a kiss to me through the window of the carriage and I returned it, giggling happily.
- For ten years the lighthouse was happily staffed by a three man crew, rotated every fortnight.
- When you start off your need to act is so great you'll happily do anything.
- SUE Millington looks every bit the contented mum as she plays happily with her sons.
- He felt like he was drowning in them… dying happily in the blissful sea of her soul.
- He cried in delight spinning her about happily, he kissed her cheek and she struggled against him.
- He smiles and chuckles, plays happily with his toys and brings delight to everyone he meets.
- But he finally turns his back on crime and happily discovers he can make more money as a plumber.
- Workers and bosses will live happily together in a wonderful social compact.
- In this case there was a happy ending and everybody did live happily ever after.
- You could also happily do some shivering in Somerset with a timely visit to the famous Cheddar Caves.
- Karolek shrugged and turned to watch the happily giggling blonde girl on the swings.
- He giggled happily and his eyes darted around the room to see if he could not glimpse someone else.
- Bangkok is a city where commerce and pleasure happily share the same parts of town.
- The cow stares at me with it's blissful brown eyes, chewing away quite happily.
- Yet surprisingly, large numbers of people happily venture abroad without any cover at all.
- All seems lost until the handsome Prince Valentine comes to save the day and it all ends happily ever after.
- I perch happily on a stool, poking gleefully at a small aquarium with a few brightly colored fish in it.
1.2(willingly, gladly)con mucho gustoI'll happily look after the children — yo te cuido a los niños encantada / con mucho gusto
1.3(without demur)he'll quite happily eat six eggs for breakfast — es muy capaz de comerse seis huevos en el desayuno
- they'll happily pay vast sums for … — están dispuestos a pagar sumas exorbitantes por …
- I could happily have strangled her — la hubiera estrangulado de buena gana
2.1formal literary (felicitously)(chosen/expressed) acertadamente
- Happily, there are numerous resources out there to help you streamline your tech plan.
- This was a daunting prospect but, happily, the response was immediate and positive.
- Happily there is nothing tragic about the comedy of errors on the subways.
- Happily it is very seldom that we have to record an event so disgraceful to young men as that which took place on Sunday on the Harlem River.
- Happily, it doesn't have to be that way.
2.2(fortunately)por suerteafortunadamentehappily, there is an easy way out — por suerte / afortunadamente, hay una solución fácil