In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paladar (duro) masculine
- The front part consists of a bony portion called the hard palate, with a fleshy rear part called the soft palate.
- The other tumor involved the hard palate and buccal mucosa extensively.
- The burning sensation often occurs in more than one oral site, with the anterior two thirds of the tongue, the anterior hard palate and the mucosa of the lower lip most frequently involved.
- Deglutition, the initial phase of the swallowing process, involves several striated muscles and cranial nerves, the hard palate and the larynx.
- Men have larger soft palates and longer airways (from the hard palate to the base of the epiglottis) than women, but men also have larger airway volume, which may be compensatory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.