In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cartón madera masculine
- Paneling with solid wood T & G boards is more tedious than with hardboard panels, but their weight and stiffness mean they require less support.
- Elizabeth Steele contributes an analysis of the commitment the artist maintained to the material with which he began as a teen-ager - poster paints, paper, and hardboard.
- He began painting with oils on wood, canvas, hardboard, paper and glass, working under the mentorship of his older son Mica, an artist, art historian, critic, poet.
- Finally, many forms of silt derive from the wreck itself, including rust particles, carpet fibres, coal dust, hardboard, wood and expanded foam panels, and oil/fuel residues.
- Composition hardboard siding is commonly used on wood frame residences because it has the appearance of wood, at significantly less cost.
- You can get a similar effect with trellis or pierced hardboard, painted to contrast with the shelf for a permanent decorative edging.
- Create a template from hardboard and transfer the pattern to the 1x8 redwood slats.
- He works with unusual tools but achieves the required effect on hardboard and canvas.
- Find a board onto which to glue the puzzle, such as Masonite or hardboard.
- But in the article, published on BBC News Online, Dr Whitehouse described his rocket as a ‘converted cement mixer with sheets of hardboard and a few computer joysticks’.
- Certain types of wood siding like redwood, cedar, and manufactured hardboard siding seem to accelerate the problem.
- You can trap slugs under pieces of wood or cardboard (some professional slug researchers use 50 cm square pieces of hardboard covered with plastic).
- Then I moved into my own space, but all it comprised was a recess off the main room separated by hardboard sliding doors.
- It is harder than particle board or hardboard, and can be cut like plywood although it isn't as strong as plywood.
- Siding can range from hardboard in 4x8-foot plywood sheets to hardboard lap siding to shingles.
- Cotton canvas has become more popular than linen, being particularly suited to the use of acrylic primers and paints, and plywood and compressed wood fibre boards, such as hardboard, have largely replaced timber for making panels.
- If the stuffed animal has cardboard or hardboard stiffeners or joints, these can be destroyed in a washing machine.
- Other materials sold by the sheet include particleboard, waferboard, hardboard and all types of drywall, which are available in sheets up to 4x12.
- Do not use solvents on hardboard or particleboard panels, as it may damage the surface.
- As most of the posters, especially the ANC and the DA, are made of masonite or hardboard, some people use them to build shacks or decorate rooms because they can't afford building materials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.