In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The woman in his office has a hardness, even a harshness in her face and voice.
- That mix of humanity and hardness rolled together has made many a local hero or heroine in working class communities throughout the years.
- A diamond is a gem excelling in brilliance and remarkable for extreme hardness.
- Requests for special sizes, hardnesses, and colors can be readily accommodated.
- Snow depth and hardness are major factors influencing winter fodder resources.
1.3(of blow, slap)fuerza feminine
2.1(difficulty)dificultad femininelo difícil
2.2masculine rigorfeminine durezahardness of heart — insensibilidad feminine
3(of water)dureza feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.