In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1área asfaltada para estacionar feminine
- The only unauthorised matters relating to the eastern end of the site, which lies outside the section 78 appeal and, other than cessation of the unauthorised use, are hardstanding, fences and Portakabins.
- Peter Evely, head of highways regulation at City of York Council, said it was adequate, particularly as there was also a cycle and pedestrian path, plus a metre of hardstanding, alongside the carriageway.
- The next operation was the formation of a new access and hardstanding towards the bottom of the site.
- The marina development will consist of the construction of two breakwaters, fifty-three floating pontoon berths and hardstanding, together with a slipway adjoining the existing pier.
- Also, a large area of the garden of No.44 would also need to be hardstanding as the proposed development requires the demolition of the garage.
- Despite the incident, residents said the travellers - who have lived on the site for the past seven years and have erected bungalow-type dwellings, fences and hardstanding - had not been troublemakers since they moved in.
- Mr Ogden, who is now applying for planning permission for roads and hardstanding on the site, sat silently through the meeting.
- I joined the local yacht club to use its hardstanding and slip.
- Regional manager Gavin Pritchard said the number of pitches more than doubled and they now have 113 hardstanding pitches, as well as a new toilet block with modern facilities, new reception and roads.
- She said: ‘The playgroup is desperate to build some kind of hardstanding ground so the children can have a race track for their bikes, and I hope this will help.’
- Mr Forde commented: ‘Our application with its access road, hardstandings and amenity blocks makes a fair compromise between the need for accommodation, rural character and moderate landscape change and accessibility.’
- Mr Scrutton recommended the scheme should be approved and said: ‘The hardstanding for skateboarding equipment is a much needed facility in Rayleigh.’
- Rayleigh Town Council finally won planning permission for the hardstanding in King George V playing field, in Eastwood Road, Rayleigh, after a long-running dispute with Rochford District Council.
- The extra hardstanding where the additional boats can be serviced or held during a cyclone requires removal of 20,000 cubic metres of rock.
- We also intend to place a hardstanding on two sides of the ground which will not be that noticeable.
- Moreover, since the Applicant's car was to have been parked off-road on a hardstanding there would be no significant overall loss of parking.
- The applicant Smart Planning, of Ongar, has submitted a design for a cul-de-sac street with 12 units, each with an amenity block and an area of concrete hardstanding.
- At present, a series of derelict agricultural buildings and concrete hardstanding represent an eyesore in an otherwise picturesque setting.
- It would have hardstandings for six caravans for the travelling families, along with two toilet and shower blocks.
- Most importantly in the current case however is the fact that the agent has now confirmed that the existing hardstanding would be used and no new hardstanding created.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.